Thursday, March 18, 2010

Perfect.

I won't get into too much a tangent about quantum entanglement...
My Megalodon poster really needs to come back a few intersections and make a turn that I missed. I was asked to come back tomorrow at the school's bookstore, at which time I will order CS4. Once that happens, this poster goes away, at least in the sense that my formal design will be seriously overhauled.

Great minds perhaps think alike. When I looked closely, it occurred to me a fellow DMA student has a poster with the same source image that she had completed before I even started. Hers is notably different of course, in that the shark has been photoshopped underwater and angled in a very pleasing way, compositionally speaking. Mine is angled upright and reflected with radial zoom blur to give the sense it is coming at you. I nearly got dizzy trying to find the correct zoom. Mine is also screened with a blue tint, all of which I did in illustrator (lacking photoshop).

What got me to the point, however, of having the overwhelming need to redo this poster, was just a few minutes ago, while toying with the idea of a new image I googled one word differently than I had before and found this at http://www.belchfire.net/screenshots/Great_White_XP.jpg

See post "FML. Figuratively speaking..."

No comments:

Post a Comment