Thursday, March 11, 2010

**The Morlocks.


Now are we referring to the band of more unpleasant mutants living in the subways of New York, led by Callisto in the X-Men? Or could it be the human off-shoot race of underground dwellers from "The Time Machine?"

In the case of the X-Men, had I been Nightcrawler, things would have been much different. Although not a Morlock, I could have used my teleportation and acrobatic ability to get downtown in a much more timely fashion. Now that I think of it, I'm sure one of the Morlocks could probably teleport. But Nightcrawler's just always been one of my favourite Marvel characters, so I'm stickin with him.

In the H.G. Wells scenario, at least I'd have access to a time machine, so that I might go back to that day and arrive at the time the rest of the people were still there. Of course anybody familiar with that story would conclude events would still occur preventing my success to preserve the present moment decision to build and use a time machine, or somebody with just a general interest in temporal mechanics, might conclude the causality loop would effect my outcome infinitely: I arrived late, so I build the time machine to go back in time to wake myself earlier, and then get there on time. And since I got there on time, I don't need to build a time machine, so I don't. I don't go back and wake myself up, so I'm late and need a to build a time machine to go back...etc. Doc Brown was a good professor when I was in grade 3. So was Data (see "Starbase," hahaha)

Anyways. I was up until 5 or so Friday morning working on a fairly involved Illustrator project for DMA101- The Human III. When I woke up, I took my wake-up photo, looking like a can of smashed assholes. Needless to say I don't feel like putting it up. I decided that rather than just abandon the whole experience, I went downtown anyways. I left from Aurora at about 1pm, and arrived at St.Andrew stn at about 2:45pm. Everybody else had since left, so I took a photo of the buildings overhead and decided that I would retire back into the subway to return home for more homework, which was coincidentally the same project I had worked on all the previous night.

I wish I could have been downtown with the others. But I feel justified in why I was not.

(Amendment: The aim of this project was to get us in groups outside of school. Since this project, I have gone drinking with people from class. That might not count for marks, but it counted for one of the objectives... and toward a good St. Patty's)

No comments:

Post a Comment