Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Human III (Draft)


This is my fourth work featuring my character, 'The Human.'

The first work was a series of prints featuring several of these characters who actually had bodies, with engines on their back and wheels attached to their hips, in the place of legs. The prints, or the original dye I made may exist at my high school, but I believe none remain. I believe the title was "Evolve?"

"The Human" was a marker drawing I did, reprising the bald head with an "oralfactory-pipe", this time, of a singular character with the severed torso, on a wall at a friend's apartment. The Human in that drawing was suspended by large tubes.
It was the first work where I used the particular words "The Human" as it's designation. The idea is that this is the last 'human' at some point in a hopefully alternate future. That work did not survive; the wall was painted over before this friend moved.

I recreated "The Human" as a sculpture. It too, was officially titled "The Human," but I might refer to it as "The Human II." I may choose at some point to display it on my blog, but it's photgraph does not serve the work. It is best viewed in real life. Rather than the severed torso, there is a fade into the background at about that point. That sentence may not seem to make sense, for a sculpture, but trust me.

I sketched "The Human III" with intent to submit it as my vector trace assignment in DMA101, but the image was not approved, due to it's background, hard break and that it was not a stand-alone character. The image just works better in 3D anyways, and since we were not required to seek approval this time, here he is.

I should stop working on this at some point.

2 comments:

  1. damn jayson! no wonder u didnt come with us on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to, but I got so caught up in this project. And thanks for the acknowledgement of the time. I just got addicted to it. :)

    ReplyDelete