Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Return To My Nerdedness

Yes, I did say nerdedness, rather than the more cliché nerdiness. And this won't be the last time.




When asked to recreate any logo of our chosing in 3Ds Max, I wanted to recreate something with a lot more detail than say, the FedEx logo (clever as it is with its arrow in the negative space). Simple logo design didn't seem to hold the portfolio appeal as doing one that was a little more complicated. Any difficulties I ran into only furthered my knowledge of the software.



Not one for selecting some random logo that I have no care for, I turned to my interests. I was going to do the album cover of the A Perfect Circle Album, "Mer De Noms." The reason I did not was because really, the logo itself was simple, and I could not find the true font (despite use of Identifont and What The Font). Tracing the letters proved to be conducive of error due to the poor resolution of the image.



So, without further wear on this keyboard, I give you the 3D rendering of the logo for The Romulan Empire (as seen in the ST:TNG era).

No comments:

Post a Comment